Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hair bump-its! Useful or not?




Whenever I saw youtube gurus using one of these, it always excited me to the core. Imagine getting a bouffant without all that teasing and hairspray? Honestly Im okay with the teasing and hairspray but when it comes to getting my hair tangle free,i.e, trying to tone down or kick off the pouf/poof/puff/bouffant.. ITS A PAIN. Really.

Im sure you guys must have had similar experiences.
Whenever I went to my local beauty supply store, I'd always ask for them but the result was sales assistants with straight faces. They probably didnt even know its meaning. Sigh.

One fine day me & my sister were watching an advertisment of a random hairstyling tool called the InStyler. My sister liked it so much that she instantly called their toll free number and ordered it. I kept laughing at her! :P But to my surprise a Bumpit hair piece set was free with it. I almost wanted to kiss her and would have if she didn't hesitate. hehe.

But somehow it never got delivered :( . And I was randomly telling my sister-in-law (Bhabhi) the story .. she said she has one of these and it works really good and gifted me one of the bumpit set! I almost YAY-ed. You know, how happy one feels when you finally get something you badly wanted from a long time!









When I got home, I immediately opened the packet and there were 5 pieces of these cute bumpits! I was really excited to use them so i inserted the baby one to achieve a baby poof which is my fave go-to hairstyle ! Sadly it got lost in my hair and there was no fake volume created instead my hair got messed a bit.

So, I kept the pack aside thinking, I'll watch a proper video and use these. My sis kept 2 of these so i was left with only 3, they were not of my use anyway!


Anyway coming to the point, are they really worth all the excitement?

I'd say YES. But TV people lie a bit.

The good points:

*They save a lot of time.
*Less teasing & hairspray.

The bad points:
*They dont perfectly fit onto your head, It takes a lot of practise.
*The baby ones are useless, even if you have short/thin hair.
*YOU NEED TO TEASE before you put them on.
*Not a one step hairstyle.
*Not available easily.


My rating : 3/5

Price : Depends where you buy it from. They're available on ebay and the price ranges from 5.99 to 12.99 USD.

I will do a hairstyle including these very soon :)

Much love.

Tanvee W.


13 comments:

Paradiso - The Style Store said...

hey waiting..tutorial please sooooon :)

Tanvi W. said...

hehe yes very soon :) Thankyou for reading

Nitika Bhatia said...

wud wait fr a tutorial !! : )

PS- following u !! plz visit and follow my blog if u like !!

http://shopaholicutie.blogspot.com/

Tanvi W. said...

Thankyou nikita :) yes very soon! following you back :D

pri said...

you got me rly xctd...tutorial needed,,,:P

Tanvi W. said...

hehe yes yes!

Unknown said...

they look cool..would wait for your hairtsyle..

Tanvi W. said...

Thankyou bhumika.. will do one on the weekend :)

Shruti said...

I have never given a though about the hair bumps. Thanks to my hair.. it never allows.
Great post Tanvee :)

pumplicious.blogspot.com

Tanvi W. said...

thankyou shruti :)

prideandprejudice said...

hey Tanvee...never heard of these...waiting for your tutorial :)

Tanvi W. said...

Im so sorry to haveen ignorant towards it but i ll do one soon :)

thechicdairy said...

i have them..and i absolutly love it :)
you have a really cute blog :)

do check out my blog and tell me if u like it

http://thechicdairy.blogspot.com/