Friday, September 9, 2011

Review : NYX Auto Eyeliner

Holla!

Another NYX review!

I won this in an online contest (along with a few other things, Elle18 clor bombs range. want a review of those???)

Its an eyeliner pencil in black.

What NYX says about the product?

Tired of sharpening your eye pencils everytime you use them. Can't find the sharperner. These auto pencil for eyes are the way to go. They are convenient and easy to wear! Create dramatic lining and defining without the mess.

INGREDIENTS: Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Ployglycerl-2 Trisostearate, Butyl Paraben, B.H.T., Zinc Stearate, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Mica (and) Titanium Dioxide (an) Iron Oxides, Mica (and) Titanium Dioxide
This is what the product looks like..

I compared it to my phone :P the size, I mean!


Auto Eye pencil~
..in the color Black :)
The tip was crisp but I used it the moment I received it :P Talk about excitement :D

Below are the swatches :

On the left- Only one swipe
On the right - Five to six swipes

I rubbed it with a very light hand and it almost vanished!


My take on the product :

Eyeliner is one product (along with blusher) that I use everyday! So a good one is a must have for me !
Also Eyeliner was the first makeup product that I started using (at the age of 14 or 15), yes even before I was introduced to the famous Kohl sticks!
I always feel that a good eyeliner completes a makeup look, ALWAYS.

Well I'm someone who uses the eyeliner for tightling, on waterline and ofcourse on upper lashline(that goes without saying). Also, a huge fan of Jet black eyeliners. No matter how many I buy, always on a continuous search for the blackest black eyeliners! :P
NYX's Auto Eyeliner claims the colour to be jet black but I feel it is only achievable with 5-6 swipes.

Positives :

Sturdy packaging. Nothing fancy but unbreakable.
Travel-friendly. Its really tiny, can fit into anything & everything.
Creamy. Glides on really easily.
Texture is very smooth.

Negatives :

Not Jet black.
Not water resistant.
Doesn't stay on for more than 2-3 hours.
Rubs off very easily.
Can't be used on waterline or tightlining.
Can't be sharpened.
Not easily available in India.

My rating- 2.5 /5

Re-purchase? No.

Price - 3.50 $ on Cherryculture
Rs 260-300 ( From UrbanTouch & Cosmetix.in )

Its a great product for beginners, not for people who have been using different eyeliners from a long time.

thanks Kriti for gifting me this :)
Check out her your youtube channel - www.youtube.com/kritids

Much Love.

Tanvee W.

6 comments:

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Looks nice!! Thanks for the review :D

KritiDS said...

Thank you tanvee for Putting on my link :)
Thanks a ton :)
And Enjoy the product :)

Unknown said...

ya its not jet black..

ridsj said...

its nice ...but not jet black n no stayin power :(

Tanvi W. said...

Thanks guys!

Yes bhumika & rides - Not jet black :(

Preety Khanna said...

Nice review..

very honest!

I have been using Oriflame's Kohl Pencil - Black and it gives the best intensity ever.. I really like it.. and the best part is, the price is quite reasonable too! I recommend it to all my friends as well!