Friday, September 2, 2011

Why should you read a beauty/fashion blog?


Hi babes!

The other day I posted my blog's link on a facebook page since I'm new and I want to reach more people so I decided to personally post my blogs link on about 5-6 facebook pages. I got pretty sweet response but I was taken aback when a girl asked me "Why do you waste your time writing these? Are you really jobless?"

I won't lie. I felt really bad. I wouldn't say I was hurt but yes felt BAD. That incident really made me think, Why should anyone read your beauty/fashion blog? SO thought of penning down a post!

Well, lets face it! No girl is ever satisfied with whatever she buys, be it makeup, clothes or shoes! Don't we all just love taking advice or suggestions from a friend, sister or mother about how a dress looks or that particular lipstick suits you or not? My answer is a YAY YES! Why? Well because I want to look good, not all the time but atleast when I wish to! For that I need to be sure and confident about what sort of makeup & clothes I'm wearing!

Personally, my fashion and makeup sense has really improved ever since I have started reading beauty and fashion blogs. I discovered so many new makeup brands, products, their usage and what not. I have learnt how to transform a simple outfit into a chic OOTD! I never thought I'd wear jewellery or fancy makeup when i go out but I did! How? When I saw like-minded girls doing the same so effortlessly!

Some quickies:

1. Reading blogs saves up a lot of time while shopping (Since you already know about the products available in market and you'd be better at choosing. A 5 hour shopping trip will come down straight to 2.5 hours. How cool is that?)

2. New ideas! No that doesn't imply that you can straightaway copy some one's style but you can add an element or two into yours.

3. Stepping out of your comfort zone. Okay I agree you love that old pink lipstick and have several tubes but how about trying that hip orange that you never thought existed? Seeing someone else flaunt it gives you a certain confidence to atleast TRY something that you thought wasn't your forte.

4. Best place to talk with like-minded people! Isn't that true? Doesn't your friend/husband/boyfriend/mom crib about you talking makeup-uage all the time? Mine does! Sharing your ideas or knowledge with someone who thinks exactly the way you do doesn't get ANY BETTER.

I hope this was useful in some way or the other.

Thanks for reading.

Much Love.

Tanvee W.

13 comments:

mermaidbidisha said...

trust me this is such an honest post..i loved it....yes we are like minded arent we?;) and yes girls or boys who think that we dont have better things to do...jus tel them that atleast we dont misuse our spare tym...we do sumthng useful....atleast this effort helps sum % of girls in our society...so it means a lot...isnt it?:)

Tanvi W. said...

Thankyou so mcuh! Yes so true. thats my exact point.

♥Stacey MakeUp♥ said...

Hey Tanvee! Girl, even don't bother with questions like this one... :) Just do what you like to do and anything else doesn't matter.. :) Everyone should have some hobbies IMO :) Blogging is a good one! I see only +++++ in this...and it's not wasting your time, you do it when you are free and you have smth to share with others :) Do your best! <3

Tanvi W. said...

thankyou so much anastasia! People like you inspire me to do better :) thanks for your kind words!

Unknown said...

soo agree tanvee..nice post.:)

Nitika Bhatia said...

great post tanvee !! and trust me- I have been asked this question soooooooooo manyyyyyy timess !! being a student, my friends think am too VEHLIII ( its a punjabi word for being totally free ) to write or read blogs !!
And I have just 1 answer for them- I love doing that, no reasons!!! : )

PS- Please visit my blog http://shopaholicutie.blogspot.com/

Tanvi W. said...

Bhumika - Thankyou babe :)

Nikita - Im a punju too! So i know velli :P yes I LOVE IT!!

Unknown said...

great post Tanvee !! well composed !! ladies always try to de-motivate others :) just IGNORE !! hehehe

Tanvi W. said...

haha true deeptima.. thank you so much :)

Ritcha Verma said...

Correcto! Don't mind the ones who send nasty messages.. They are the ones jobless to be wasting their time criticizing stuff :) You carry on with your god work!

xoxoxo
Ritcha
http://ritchastyle.blogspot.com

Tanvi W. said...

Thankyou so much richa xx

Lipsy said...

Thanks for writing this Tanvee...it is a wonderful post..really really wonderful..

Much Love

Tanvi W. said...

Thankyou sooo much Lipsy :)