Monday, January 16, 2012

E.L.F Waterproof Eyeliner Pen : Review



I couldn’t have been happier when I reveived these E.L.F products (haul here) a while back, sent by my cousin who lives in the US(Yes, God bless the cousins in the US). I couldn’t make up my mind which product to start from ! (Happy much?) Yes I was that excited. I had been longing for ELF since forever now, specially after raves in the blogsphere and also YOUTUBERS.

So I decided to start with the basic tool,i.e, the eyeliner. I am a huge fan of jet black eyeliners and hardly use any other colors. I received a pencil eyeliner/kohl, sketch pen eyeliner and a liquid liner. Being a sketch pen eyeliner lover, I picked it first. I wanted to make sure I start using them at regular intervals so that I can compare them better(post on this after all three are reviewed).

This is what the E.L.F Waterproof Eyeliner Pen looks like :



What the brand says about the product :

Ingredients :


Swatches :

Left : 1 Swipe , Right : 3-4 Swipes


Aqua-test




Rubbed harshly with water:

ELF Waterproof Eyeliner pen comes in a sketch pen form with sturdy plastic body and a cap that is too tight to handle. Trust me when I say this, the cap is extremely hard to open. Its so tight that I almost damaged the tip of the eyeliner.

Talking of eyeliner, its jet black in color and is decently pigmented. The first time I wore it, I didn’t use more than two swipes and after an hour or so I noticed that the eyeliner from the inner corner of my upper lashline had almost disappeared and that left me disappointed. I thought of giving it another chance and I used it for 5-6 times with 3-4 swipes. It definitely looked better.

But the main concern is that this eyeliner starts to crack and look uneven after atleast 1.5 hours of application, hence you might have to carry it around for touch ups.

The texture is smooth, the tip is thin and helps in drawing very precise lines. I usually end up using this just to make wings in the outer corners.

Its not the best product but at $ 1, I didnt expect much either.

Price : $ 1 or INR 51.

Why Buy? : You can totally skip this product if youre not an eyeliner junkie. Incase youre, just grab it for the money.

Availability : ZERO! They dont sell in India neither do they ship.

3 comments:

isimplylovemakeup said...

cracking and fading is a problem but for $1 i guess its ok especially since it has quite a decent pigmentation na :P
nice and very helpful review :)

Tanvi W. said...

Yup, considering the price, once can def give it a shot :) Thankyou :D

Preety Khanna said...

For that much money it looks like a decent product!

I love Oriflame's Beauty Eye Liner Stylo which is also a pen eyeliner.. I love the amount of control it gives me...