Thursday, January 19, 2012

ELF Candid Coral Blush : Review

Since I have already shared the ELF excitement story with you, lets get into the review straight-away this time.

I have heard the best thing about this particular colour Candid Coral, its supposed to be the closest dupe of the NARS “Orgasm” and I have been wanting it forever. The only difference is the price, where Orgasm costs a bomb, ELF is lot cheaper.

The packaging is exactly like NARS which is quite attractive, black case with a tiny inbuilt mirror. No brush, though. Also a peek through plastic on the top.

Candid coral is a beauty peachy-pink colour with very fine gold shimmer. Even though it has shimmer, it still is wearable in the daytime. It gives an instant shine and glam to the cheeks and looks lovely on almost every skintone. I made my mother try it, she's slightly duskier than I am. It actually comes out the best on medium to dark skin tones.




Ingredients and the brand says about the product :


Swatches :

Blended :


Even though, the colour is decently pigment but the camera hasnt picked up the exact colour. I clicked a lot of pictures but just didnt come out right.

The first time I tried it, I had to use it with a very heavy hand and it still didnt look nice and I was so pissed but the second time I used it with my Vega Prof Blush Brush, it picked the product nicely and it showed up a lot better on the cheeks. Earlier I used thee ELF Face brush.

It stays on for good 2-3 hours, after that you might need a touch but since it is really handy and the size is perfect to fit in the smallest of clutch/bag.

The texture is smooth, i did experience some fall out but I can totally ignore that for the other good things.

This blush now has become a staple in my makeup routine and I wear it whenever I go out.

Price : 3 USD or 150 INR(approx)

WHY BUY? : Buy it if you like peachy pink blushes and like to pay for what you get. Very budget-friendly and decent pigmentation.

Availability : Not available in India, they shop ship to India either.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Few days back I was trying to clcik pics of apeachy blush, was not coming out at all, then I placed it against a white background and the pics came out accurately, you can do that trick.
Anyways, It looks veryyy classy, and for the price you got it, is super reasonable, I wish it was available here too!

Tanvi W. said...

Thanks for the trick, manya! Wiill def try it! Yes its a great deal.

isimplylovemakeup said...

hey its a pretty shade :) would ve loved if u could plz do an LOTD with it :))

Tanvi W. said...

Surrre will :)

Vertu said...

Nice shade. Thanks for sharing.

http://vivaciousblog17.blogspot.com

Tanvi W. said...

:)

Preety Khanna said...

Nice review!

I have tried an Oriflame blush which looks exactly the same 'Oriflame Beauty Perfect Blush' in Fresh Pink!Absolutely love the texture and how pigmented it is!