Sunday, January 1, 2012

Deborah Milano Atomic Red- Rossetto 05 (REVIEW)

Guest Post by : Isheeta Chatterjee


Here's my take on the Deborah Milano Atomic Red Mat(Rossetto 05).
My infatuation with red took its toll on the eve of Christmas previous
month as I noticed a woman sharing my wheatish complexion wear this
ravishing rich red lip(I've always been advised against it). So, I
walk upto the cosmetics dept., with my head sure to route my feet to a
Maybelline counter to pick its Color Sensational in Fatal Red, when i
noticed that Deborah Milano has finally come up in Lifestyle, Jaipur!
After a tedious 15-min session of consultation, inquiry, asking,
swatches, trials I picked their Atomic Red Mat(to add an older yet
sophisticated look to my childish-expressioned features, and Matte
hues just do that).




The packaging is sleek, with a leant-in curve and charcoal matte
blackness. On unscrewing the top is revealed a richly hued(and red)
lippie, with incessant smoothness. After the usual pre-application
moisturisation, balm tint, and liner contouring and filling-in I
swiped my lower lip with a smooth glide. The color was intense, even,
regal, and very matte! OK, those who just wish to add a hint of red
could do with smacking their lips, but those of us crying for
drama__swipe the upper lip, smack..blot away if any excess and reapply
and we're done. Pair with nothing but a winger eye, and porcelain
smooth skin(or the daring: a very soft shimmery smoky eye).






Here's what it looks like on me :





Pros:
Richly-hued
Consistent
Lasting
Comfortable
Intense, and even
Pouty

Cons:
I don't know, but after a while it dries the lios. Not chap them, but
dry. And you know what happens when drynes sets in. The color though
remains but slightly less in intensity.

Great if you just've the evening soirees or a few hour dates.

Priced at 560/-, I would want to try for something different next time(preferably a girlier Bourjois or MNY or the
Color Riche from L'Oréal).

I didn't mind the price being a huge lippie buff.

Hope this helped.

Much Love,
xoxo

2 comments:

Tanvi W. said...

Good one Isheeta! The red looks really pretty on you x

Unknown said...

nice shade, but your pic looks very different ! not able to explain!