Saturday, January 21, 2012

DIY- Glitter polish :)

I have been on a lookout for a chunky glitter nailposh ever since I can remember, sadly I didn’t find any. No I did not want to spend whopping 500 bucks on just a nail polish and I DON’T order from international websites hence I had no option but to make my own. YUP!

So You’d be surprised how easy it is to get some chunky glitter on your nails. It looks gorrrrJUS! ..also be prepared to see a gazillion pictures in this post hehe. Well what else do you expect from a glitter-obsessed-freak?

Things you need :

Eyelash glue

Clear polish (Top Coat)

Nail paint remover

Q-tip

Paper(to create the mess on)

Last but definitely not the least, Lose glitter (You can find this at craft stores, random beauty shops, pretty much anywhere)

1. Use polish underneath if you feel like, I have used a red. (You can also skip this)

2. Don’t do it on all your nails, choose one. I chose my ring finger’s nail.

3. Put a tiny drop of glue onto your nail and spread it nicely. Wait till it turns tacky.

4. Put some glitter on a paper and dip your finger in. (You can cover the sides of your nail to avoid mess but I was too excited to try it out, hence I didn’t tape)

5. Look at it, so vivid *do a happy dance* Clean up sides if you haven’t taped it. I used a Q-tip and a nail paint remover.

6. Let it set for a bit, say 40-50 seconds.

7. Top it off with a clear polish/top coat & voila youre DONE!

Pictures now!

NO IM NOT ENGAGED! :) The rings are gifted by my dad on my 20th birthday (Solitaire) and the other one, I got it during my sister's wedding, KALICHDI (as we call it)! A kalichdi is supposed to be a ring gifted by sister's husband to his sister in law(thats me) :)










2 comments:

The Crazy Indian Bride said...

Hey, I did a crystal DIY nail art once.

When the nail paint is still a little wet (ready sticky) put on crystal bindi's on it and you get a swaroski finger look

Tanvi W. said...

Not sure whether you'd check this but thank you! Also, big fan here ;)