Monday, December 12, 2011

Don't fear it, wear it.


Living in India, I do realize its kind of hard to start off with makeup. While the neighbourhood Punjabi aunties say “Iske bade parr nikle hai” , on the other hand we have the lecherous men gazing at us because of that red lipstick. I agree, I’m sick of them too. I had a hard time accepting the fact that people will say whatever they have to, I must do things that excite me & make me happy. I understand how a lot of you have been sick of the staring eyes and inappropriate comments.

So I sat down thinking, How can I be of any help t’yall?

I figured, I must pen down my own experience and this might just be useful to atleast some of you. Its not a guide to start wearing makeup but just a few tips where I explain how I overcame my fear of not being able to wear makeup outside my house.

First & foremost, Buy basic products. Don’t go on splurging on things you don’t need or you wont wear in public. For instance, if youre a beginner there is absolute no use of buying a foundation or bright lipsticks. Keep it minimal. Get yourself a good kohl, an eyeliner(Pencil- why? Because Theyre super easy to use), a compact, a tinted lip balm or a nude lipstick, a concealer that is atleast a shade lighter than your actual skintone. You don’t need anything else at the very early stage. Flaunt the eyeliner with a nude lipstick and you will feel confident enough to buy more products and wear them.


Secondly, After using these products for a month or two, buy more. That builds confidence. Add a blush and a blush brush to your vanity now, a couple of eyeshadows or a tiny palette with atleast 5-8 colours, one foundation and a hairstyler. Opt for a basic colour in blush like a pink or a coral. Don’t go overboard by buying a red/orange/hot pink blush. Remember makeup is all about experimenting with your looks. You can definitely buy these eventually but for now go slow. Slow and steady wins the race!


Thirdly, after following this regime for good 4-5 months, its time to experiment. Yes you heard that right. Now is the time to flaunt the red lips and the winged eyeliner. Pamper yourself with a couple of bright lipsticks, atleast five makeup brushes and bright eyeshadows too.

At this point after mastering the art of eyeliner, lipsticks and eyeshadows..give yourself an applause.





Always remember to find some extra time from your everyday schedule and try out makeup. See what suits you the best and rock it, YOUR WAY.

The best would be to watch youtube tutorial and learn the basics. That’s how I learnt too. I’m listing below the channels of some amazing youtubers, do check out if you get time.

International :

www.youtube.com/dulcecandy87

www.youtube.com/itsjudytime

www.youtube.com/panacea81

www.youtube.com/pixiwoo

www.youtube.com/iwanted2c1video

www.youtube.com/jazzybabycakes

www.youtube.com/foreveryours0727

www.youtube.com/julieg713 (I love this girl)

www.youtube.com/juicystar07

www.youtube.com/jessicaharlow

www.youtube.com/makeupgeektv

Now some desi one’s :

www.youtube.com/deeptima

www.youtube.com/kritids

www.youtube.com/theglamworld

www.youtube.com/sjlovesjewelery

www.youtube.com/seeba86

Always remember MAKEUP enhances your beauty. Don’t fear it, wear it.

Special thanks to S, for this idea :) Thanks BABE!

Love

Tanvee W.


None of the pictures used above are mine, all from google.