Sunday, December 11, 2011

BhCosmetics 88 Matte Eyeshadow Palette (Review)

Eyeshadow is one of the most amazing inventions of the mankind. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little but IMAGINE what would your vanity look like without any eyeshadows? DULL, right? I'm a self-confessed eyeshadow-holic. If I'm at a beauty counter, eyeshadows are the first thing that I try on.

I have been eyeing this palette from quite sometime but my reluctance towards shopping from International websites always stopped me. But I was lucky enough to win a contest and get it as a prize.

This one's a matte palette.

Oh yeah that's me in the mirror, haha.


Closer look.
Now, the swatches.
I have divided the palette into four, taking two rows at a time.

Here's the top one,

Followed by the second,



Third,


...and finally, the last one.



Trust me when I say this, its pretty hard to swatch these big palettes.

Even though the big one's are my favourite for the sole reason, you carry a lot in one case. It becomes easy when you're travelling or even doing makeup at home. You don't have to reach out to different mono eyeshadows, a lot to try from, also its great when you want to experiment. With no intentions of using a particular colour, you still do it if you see it stacked right next to colour you were about to pick.

I think big palettes open you to a whole new world of different sights! Okay, maybe I'm going off-board now.

So this particular palette is no different from the other ones and has its own pros&cons.
The light colours are plain chalky and kinda useless whereas the bright colors are amazing and pigmented. As you can see the swatches, the lighter shades are hard to bring out unless packed with a heavy hand. The bright shades are easy to use, blendable and fairly pigmented. Some of them have a fallout. The lighter shades are similar hence repetitive. Talking about the texture, its not great but not too bad either. Somewhere, average. Even when it is called MATTE palette it does have some shimmery shades, not that I'm complaining..just saying.

They do stick on for a good5 hour if used with a base. I would highly recommend using an eyeshadow base while using these. I tried them with NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk. It makes the colours pop up more and looks intense.

I do think this will do a lot for those who have just started out with makeup. This way you dont spend a lot and experiment with what colours suit you.

Why buy? : You should buy this palette because it has a lot to offer, can be carried around easily. For the price you pay, you get a good deal.

Price : Regular price 18.95 USD, currently on a sale for 12.32 USD.

Where from? BhCosmetics website.

Have you tried this candy? I'm loving it at the moment. If youre a strawberry lover, its a must try.





9 comments:

Ansh said...

some of the shades are really pigmented. and congrats!

M. said...

You won this! Awesome, man!! Congrats:)

Tanvi W. said...

Thanks Ansh!

Yup, I did! How cool is that? Thanks for stopping by :) @emm

Shayoni said...

i love falero...have you tried the other flavors?

Tanvi W. said...

falero? Sorry~ I didnt get you~

Shayoni said...

Falero - the name of the candies that you posted!

Tanvi W. said...

Haha Im so sorry! No i havent, have you? I loooove strawberry!

Tanvi W. said...

Haha Im so sorry! No i havent, have you? I loooove strawberry!

Preety Khanna said...

Thats a huge palette!!

I recently bought Oriflame's Pure COlour Eye shadow palettes and i love the eye shadows! The texture is lovely and so is the pigmentation!