Wednesday, August 31, 2011

REVIEW : NYX jumbo pencils & glitter palette in Ocean Breeze


I am yet to think of a better greeting than HI GIRLS, so till my brain starts working, i shall continue using the same sooo, HI GIRLS :P

After writing my first post yester-night at about the same time, I was really kicked about writing another one! Sadly, my laptop's charger broke and i was unable to use it *sad face* (smileys are kinna boring) BUT.. I managed to steal my brother's laptop while he's asleep *devil face*

So as the title says, this review is about a couple of NYX products I purchased off Urbantouchabout two weeks back! (Yes, im kinna obsessed with that website these days)

I have had my eyes on NYX from quite sometime but sadly paypal doesn't accept my DEBIT CARD, so yes I have to rely on Cash on Delivery option!
After much thought, I ordered two jumbo pencils and one glitter cream based eyeshadow palette.






Lets talk about the much raved JUMBO PENCILS first.

I ordered two of them. One in Black bean & the other one in Strawberry Milk (I confused it with Milk)

Swatches below :

1st picture- 3-4 swipes of both
2nd picture - Blended with a very light hand




Honestly, whatever I had heard about these pencils made me very excited to receive and use them and I was really disappointed. Without a doubt, the pencils are good but not as good as they were claimed. I like the fact that they're really creamy and glide on the skin very smoothly but they are definetely not worth paying double the amount for (as I did because I ordered them from Urabntouch) .

They can be used as quick eyeshadows and base of similar color powder eyeshadow (doesnt make a huge difference though).

I like black bean better than Strawberry milk!

Black bean is a jet black color which can used for tightlining & a base for smokey eye looks.

Strawberry Milk is a shimmery baby pink color which can either be used alone as an eyeshadow (strictly not in summer time as it spills all over the place after 2/2.5 hours) or as a base for any neutral colored powder eyeshadow. It did NOT pop the powder eyeshadows a lot.

Bottom Line- This product is average, nothing too fancy.

I would rate both of these 2.5/5 .

Next on the list is CREAM BASED GLITTER EYESHADOW PALETTE (Ocean Breeze)

I have always loved glitters though I never tried any cream based glitter shadow so I was really kicked about using this palette. There are other colors available as well but I ordered OCEAN BREEZE keeping in mind that I dont have a lot of blues and greens! The packaging is fine nothing over the top but a plastic palette. I was never attracted to its packaging anyway. My main concern was the product underneath that ugly plastic cover. Soooo *drum rolls*
ITS A WASTE OF MONEY, just being precise.

No really! I like my loose glitters way better than this.

Below are the swatches of all the colors. I dislike all of them but if someone insists on choosing one of these I'd pick the fourth one from the left.



Do not buy it if you are not a glitter freak like me.

I might use it on one of my eye looks if you say ?
Let me know if you'd like to see how it looks on the eyes! :)


Prices:
Jumbo pencil : Rs 340 each.

Glitter Palette : Rs 520

Would I REPURCHASE? NEVER! I might try jumbo pencil in Milk though!

Much love.

Tanvee W.

2 comments:

Paradiso - The Style Store said...

Oh this is the first time i am hearing negative things about NYX and i so agree with you... Please review more products from NYX.. yeah u got it. I am NYX freak :)

Tanvi W. said...

Haha sure.. sadly the other comments got deleted! People had things to say about NYX! and yes i have my eyes on other NYX products but i hope to order via other websites because NYX is known for cheap products and I am not willing to pay double the prices :P